TV show “Access Hollywood” struck back at Trump after he called their integrity into account, and their hosts didn’t hold back. (VIDEO BELOW)
According to the New York Times, Trump is trying to link the Roy Moore controversy to his own as a way to defend the GOP Senate candidate:
“He sees the calls for Mr. Moore to step aside as a version of the response to the now-famous ‘Access Hollywood’ tape, in which he boasted about grabbing women’s genitalia, and the flood of groping accusations against him that followed soon after. He suggested to a senator earlier this year that it was not authentic, and repeated that claim to an adviser more recently. (In the hours after it was revealed in October 2016, Mr. Trump acknowledged that the voice was his, and he apologized.)”
Roy Moore’s issues started after Leigh Corfman came forward to The Washington Post with an account of her interactions with Roy Moore, claiming that when she was 14 years old a then 32-year-old Moore sexually assaulted her.
Moore, of course, denied the allegations.
“These allegations are completely false and are a desperate political attack by the National Democrat Party and the Washington Post on this campaign,” Moore wrote.
Last week, Trump showed evidence that he supports Moore, despite the allegations of sexual assault that are plaguing his campaign.
“We don’t need a liberal person in there, a Democrat,” Trump told reporters outside the White House.
The president the attacked the record of Moore’s Democratic opponent, Doug Jones, by saying “it’s terrible on crime, it’s terrible on the border, it’s terrible on the military.”
When asked whether he believed the allegations brought against Moore by so many, he refused to comment, but instead referred to Moore’s denials.
“He denies it. He totally denies it,” Trump said, pointing out, as if it was relevant, that all the alleged incidents took place 40 years ago. “Roy Moore denies it — that’s all I can say.”
Trump, just because you deny that the Access Hollywood tape is fake doesn’t mean it’s true.
What’s Happening Now:
“Access Hollywood” has responded to Trump’s claim that he doesn’t think the tape featuring himself bragging about sexually assaulting women is authentic.
“We wanted to clear something up that has been reported across the media landscape,” host Natalie Morales said on yesterday’s broadcast.
“Let us make this perfectly clear — the tape is very real,” she said. “Remember his excuse at the time was ‘locker-room talk.’ He said every one of those words.”
Arianne Zucker, one of the women who on the tape greeted Trump and “Access Hollywood” host Billy Bush, said that while she wasn’t in the room for Trump’s “when you’re a star, they let you do it” statements, she didn’t understand how someone could claim that it was fabricated.
“I don’t know how else that could be fake unless someone’s planting words in your mouth,” Zucker told CNN host Anderson Cooper on “360.” “How do you apologize for something and renege on it? It’s puzzling to me.”
Watch the segments here:
TRUMP: The “Access Hollywood” tape might be fake
ACCESS HOLLYWOOD: What you talkin’ ’bout Willis? pic.twitter.com/EOFtO26czr
— Judd Legum (@JuddLegum) November 28, 2017
“How do you apologize for something and then renege on it?” – Arianne Zucker, who appeared in the “Access Hollywood” tape reacts to reports of Trump questioning its authenticity https://t.co/hXLaGiktCa https://t.co/VARP7ztrbR
— Anderson Cooper 360° (@AC360) November 28, 2017